MouseEvent Firefox 1.5

Robert

Hi,

I was trying Firefox 1.5 beta with my javascript and found out that the
following test did no work anymore.

if (this.constructor == Event)

I think they changed it that this.constructor is a MousEvent now. I
thought I would try to see if I could make an instanceOf method that
would also check the type of the prototypes, but the prototype of the
MouseEvent is some native object.

So is there any way to see if this.constructor is an event, any event?

Martin Honnen

Robert said:
I was trying Firefox 1.5 beta with my javascript and found out that the
following test did no work anymore.

if (this.constructor == Event)

Please post the relevant context you use that expression in so that we
get a clue what this is for instance.
And then tell us exactly what worked previously and what does not work
now. Do you get a script error now that you did not get previously? Or
do you have a certain case where the condition is true in Firefox 1.0.x
but not in 1.5 Beta? Show that case.