moving from oc4j to tomcat : problems with CompareTagBase.setValue(String)

Guest

Hello,

I am trying to make working a webapp with tomcat which was previously
using oc4j container.
I am having a lot of errors like this :

An error occurred at line: 507 in the jsp file:
/WEB-INF/jsp/forms/WorkunitEdit.jsp
Generated servlet error:
The method setValue(String) in the type CompareTagBase is not
applicable for the arguments (Boolean)

Sometimes it is with BaseInputTag class instead of CompareTagBase.

The problem seems to be that I am giving in the jsp a value which is
not a String, for example :
String
and of course if i write
it works.

So my question is :
Is it normal that tomcat is not converting implicitely any non-String
to String ?
Is there any possibility to force him to do so ?

If you think that's not the correct group to ask this question could
you indicate me a better one ?

Thanks a lot in advance, cheers

Barth