moving items between two listboxes

ASPirant

Hi all,

What I have is as follows:
A drop-down box which when an item is selected, populates ListBox1. I
then want to select an item ( or more) from ListBox1 to ListBox2 ( and
vice versa).

The problem I am trying to resolve currently, however, only transfers
the item at the top of ListBox1 and not the one that I actually select
which may be a few items below that. In summary, it ignores my
selection and simply moves the the item at the top of the list! This is
very annoying and I can't see what it is that I need to do to respond
to my selection.

I know that SelectedItem always points to the first item in the list.
How do I identify the item that is actually selected??

Any ideas? See partial code below.

----- start code ----
Private Sub Button1_Click_1(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As
System.EventArgs) Handles Button1.Click, Button2.Click

Dim btn As Button = CType(sender, Button)
Dim lst As ListBox

If btn Is Button1 Then
lst = ListBox1
Else