MySQL, ZeosLib & C++ Builder

W. D.

Hi,

I am having a great deal of trouble trying to get ZeosLib (6.1.5
stable) to work with Borland C++ Builder 6.

Since there weren't any C++ examples in the base package
(http://sourceforge.net/projects/zeoslib/), I Googled for
some examples and found these:

http://www.baghli.com/bcb_mysql.html#examples

However, when I compile them I get the following error:

TContainedObject is not a member of Comobj

When I look in ComObj.pas (Delphi 6), I don't see a
TContainerObject.

I've Googled the heck out of this subject and can't find
any solution. I've checked through the SourceForge
mailings
http://sourceforge.net/mail/?group_id=35994
http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_id=1542807

which seem to stop around July 2003:

Since it appears that the ZeosLib.net is down, I used
the "site:" function of Google to search for cached
pages:
<http://www.google.com/search?q=(C++...R+sample)+site:ZeosLib.net&hl=en&lr=&filter=0>

or:

http://tinyurl.com/9kuz5

I am wondering if someone can help me figure out how
to get ZeosLib working with Borland C++ Builder?

Or, would you suggest some other approach?

Thanks so much for your time and attention!

W. D.

Victor Bazarov

W. D. said:
[...]
I am wondering if someone can help me figure out how
to get ZeosLib working with Borland C++ Builder?

Have you tried C++ Builder newsgroups? 'borland.public.cppbuilder.*'

W. D.

Victor said:
W. D. said:
[...]
I am wondering if someone can help me figure out how
to get ZeosLib working with Borland C++ Builder?

Have you tried C++ Builder newsgroups? 'borland.public.cppbuilder.*'

Hey Victor,

Yes, but haven't had a response:

Victor Bazarov

W. D. said:
Victor said:
W. D. said:
[...]
I am wondering if someone can help me figure out how
to get ZeosLib working with Borland C++ Builder?

Have you tried C++ Builder newsgroups? 'borland.public.cppbuilder.*'

Hey Victor,

Hey yourself.
Yes, but haven't had a response:

I sympathise, but that doesn't make it any less off-topic in c.l.c++ or
a.c.l.l.c-c++, I believe.

W. D.

Victor said:
W. D. said:
Victor said:
W. D. wrote:
[...]
I am wondering if someone can help me figure out how
to get ZeosLib working with Borland C++ Builder?

Have you tried C++ Builder newsgroups? 'borland.public.cppbuilder.*'

Hey Victor,

Hey yourself.
Yes, but haven't had a response:

I sympathise, but that doesn't make it any less off-topic in c.l.c++ or
a.c.l.l.c-c++, I believe.

*Hi* Victor,

Sorry. Just read "Shiva's" post. So, comp.lang.c++ is
more about the language structure, as opposed to
solving specific problems?

James Dennett

W. D. said:
Victor said:
W. D. said:
Victor Bazarov wrote:

W. D. wrote:

[...]
I am wondering if someone can help me figure out how
to get ZeosLib working with Borland C++ Builder?

Have you tried C++ Builder newsgroups? 'borland.public.cppbuilder.*'

Hey Victor,

Hey yourself.

Yes, but haven't had a response:

I sympathise, but that doesn't make it any less off-topic in c.l.c++ or
a.c.l.l.c-c++, I believe.

*Hi* Victor,

Sorry. Just read "Shiva's" post. So, comp.lang.c++ is
more about the language structure, as opposed to
solving specific problems?

The C++ newsgroups tend to be about issues that are part of
the use of the language and its standard library *without*
having to address specifics that apply only to third-party
libraries.

So, using C++ to wrap a generic wrapper for 3rd-party database
access APIs might be topical, but getting into details of how
to make a particular API (such as that of ZeosLib) to do something
are not.

As this is cross-posted to alt.comp.lang.learn.c-c++, you might
usefully read that group's FAQ which (I believe) covers this.

-- James