mysqldb, file _mysql.so needed

Snirp

Good day to you all!

I am trying to get mysqldb working on an ISP webserver. They will not
not help me, but I think it will be possible. The thing is that there
is one binary file necessary for this to work (found in python
site-packages):

_mysql.so (on linux)

I am a poor soul stuck with windows, so i have the _mysql.pyd variant.
Can anyone point me out how to acquire the _mysql.so file?

Or, if possible, can any linux user share it with me or compile this
file from source for me? It is found at:

http://surfnet.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/mysql-python/MySQL-python-1.2.1_p2.tar.gz

I do not know if it will make any difference, but the ISP system is a
Fedora core 4 system.

Thanks in advance.

BTW will a webserver even allow me to run this .so file?