Need A script to open a excel file and extract the data using autofilter

Prakash

Need A script to open a excel file and extract the data using
autofilter and write it in a new sheet or new file like I have to
select all rows in which all the columns contain pass as status

Prakash

Need  A script to open a excel file and extract the data using
autofilter and write it in a new sheet or new file like I have to
select all rows in which all the columns contain pass as status

from win32com.client import Dispatch
xlApp = Dispatch("Excel.Application")
xlApp.Workbooks.Open(r'C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\test.xls')
xlApp.Visible = 1

after opening the text.xls file i need to filter all the rows in which
the status column is passed and copy the whole sheet to another sheet

Alan Meyer

All true! The reason I usually do it like that is I normally only need to do
very simple things and I usually stop at the VBS stage. And I wasn't aware
of xlrd - I'll give it a look.

DaveM

I've used xlrd. It's pretty nice.

Alan