.net 1.1, Form Authentication & Session

mavrick_101

Hi,

I have an application which is using Form Authenticatoin. I have set the
timout to 120 (minutes).

Does the sessionState setting in the web.config effect it? If I leave the
sessionState timout =20. Would the user loose the session after 20 minutes
and he would have to relogin or it doesn't matter?

Thnx

bruce barker

session and authenication timeouts are seperate. in your case, if was idle
was 30 minutes, and requested a page, they would be logined in, but have a
new empty session. what happens then depends on how empty (null) session
variables are handled by your code for that page.

this is the same behavior that would happen with inproc session and an
application recycle.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

mavrick_101

Thanks Bruce.