Net::SSH and older OpenSSL modules

Jamis Buck

A bug was recently reported in which Net::SSH applications would
segfault when trying to verify the server's signed data. This appears to
be caused by the use of an older version of OpenSSL. In fact, even the
patched version of OpenSSL that was available for download from the
Net::SSH page (dated 2004-06-20) exhibited this behavior.

I have taken the latest stable snapshot of Ruby (dated 2004-07-26) and
verified that the OpenSSL module it contains works correctly. I have
made that module available for download from the Net::SSH downloads page.

If you are having problems with Net::SSH segfaulting, please either use
a recent snapshot of Ruby (or 1.8.2, when it comes out), or grab the
snapshot available from:

If you continue to have problems with the segfaults after doing this,
please let me know.

Thanks! And sorry for the noise to those of you with no interest in
Net::SSH...

--
Jamis Buck
(e-mail address removed)