    In general, do people generally download and link to local copies of XSD files, or link to the online versions (or have I completely misunderstood something)
    Thanks,
    Steven

    moogyd, Apr 9, 2014

  2. moogyd

    Peter Flynn Guest

    No, you've got it right, but referencing local copies vs network copies
    is something you need to agree with whoever uses the documents.

    Clearly if the documents are ever going to be used offline, or behind a
    security screen which prohibits direct network connections, then local
    copies should be used, which means if you are sending the document to
    somewhere else for processing, you need to send the Schema with it.

    If you can guarantee that you and anyone else using the document will
    always be online, then referencing the network copy is fine.

    ///Peter

    Peter Flynn, Apr 14, 2014

  3. If it's a heavily used and "standard" schema, it's polite to the folks
    maintaining the servers to cache a local copy, reading the whole thing
    relatively rarely.

    Joe Kesselman, Apr 19, 2014
  4. moogyd

    moogyd Guest

    Joe, Peter
    Thanks for the replies - glad I am on the right track.
    Steven

    moogyd, Apr 23, 2014