Next steps

Joined
Dec 9, 2021
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Hi there. I have learnt well in the last few months about html, css, and JavaScript. I have created a webpage (for myself). It is good I would say. But what next? Like who would want me to create a webpage for them when they can go straight to say wordpress and design their own. Platforms such as wordpress are relatively cheap. But I understand I could offer mine for more money. So really who would want this? Paying wordpress expenses compared to much higher cost. Are my new skills a waste? Any help in this matter would be truly appreciated as I try to make my first steps.
Nico1

Joined
Nov 13, 2020
Messages
302
Reaction score
38
Nico1, you need to add some php and database knowledge to your arsenal, plus some design and color know-how, but while doing that you could look for customers and make your website an advertisement. First make a number of sites to show off your skill, turn them into images and place them on your landing page.

I got started back in the day by taking out an advertisement in the paper. I spent time looking at websites and sending the bad one's emails with pictures of what I could do for them. When I retired and went RVing I would offer free web design for free camping. (I had a couple of already coded sites for that so it was a simple paste-up for me and the wife took the pictures.) So everybody won and was happy.

You could also learn WordPress and/or bootstrap and offer to help people with that. Newbies think they can make their own site without the knowledge and run into problems so calling yourself the WordPress Doctor might get you started.

Good Luck to you