NoClassDefFound error java.lang.object on solaris 8

iksrazal

Hi all,

We´re trying to install java 1.5_05 on solaris 8. The download script
says solaris 9 - we could´nt find one for solaris 8. Anyways, when
running java -version we get NoClassDefFound on java.lang.object. We
set JAVA_HOME to:

JAVA_HOME=/root/SWA/jdk1.5.0_05/
JRE_HOME=/root/SWA/jdk1.5.0_05/jre
PATH=/root/SWA/jdk1.5.0_05/bin/sparcv9:/usr/local/mysql/bin:$PATH:$HOME

CLASSPATH=.:

export CLASSPATH AXIS_HOME AXIS_LIB AXISCLASSPATH CATALINA_HOME PATH
LD_LIBRARY_PATH JAVA_HOME OPENJMS_HOME POLICY_FILE CVSROOT
CATALINA_OPTS PATH

Please help, iksrazal