Objects in Application state

Steffen Loringer

Hi,

Where are objects in the Application state stored? Is it each time the
asp_wp.exe?
Can I prevent recycling of the ASPNET workerprocess by controlling
System.Environment.Workingset? It look like that this value is the size
of the asp_wp.exe in memory!

Thanks,
Steffen

Alvin Bruney [MVP]

objects are stored in the memory allocated for the worker process. you can
prevent recycling by tickering with the iis settings such as idletimeout,
memory threshhold etc. A number of factors cause a worker process to be
recycled. There is more fine grained control over this process in IIS6 so it
depends on which version you are running. A number of these options are
exposed in the webconfig file and machine config file under httpruntime and
process model nodes. machine config settings take effect after an iis
restart. please back up the config files before you tamper with them.