open-source object-oriented and agile C++ library

christopher diggins

Greetings All,

I have commenced work on the Object Oriented Template Library (OOTL) which
is an open-source library which seeks to provide a more object-oriented
alternative to the STL and Boost. The design emphasizes ease of use over
efficiency. The hope is that eventually this library can make C++ better
suited for agile software development methods.

I am looking for any and all ideas and suggestions of what people would like
to see from this kind of library. Any ideas, as crazy or impractical as they
might seem, would be appreciated.

To give a quick general idea of the OOTL, it uses C++ primitives as little
as possible, but instead uses objects. The OOTL uses a multi-layered
approach where most classes are separated into implementation, interface,
contract ( as in DbC ), extension and finally the end-user version which
most programmers would use. The OOTL priorities are to develop the following
libraries: collections, primitives, numerics, i/o, and string parsing, other
sub-libraries are in the works.

The OOTL has a public mailing list and discussion forum hosted by google at
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/ootl .

Thanks in advance.