Openssl - cant find the ruby bindings

Nick Black

I'm getting this error when trying to run a rails app:

/usr/local/lib/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:27:in
`gem_original_require': no such file to load -- openssl
(MissingSourceFile)

I cant find any sites that are up that have the ruby ssl bindings.
But I also saw some documentation that they are part of Ruby 1.8. Can
anyone point me in the right direction?

ruby 1.8.4 (2005-12-24) [i486-linux] (the only Ruby installation on the machine(
Xubuntu Edgy

Cheers,

Jan Svitok

I'm getting this error when trying to run a rails app:

/usr/local/lib/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:27:in
`gem_original_require': no such file to load -- openssl
(MissingSourceFile)

I cant find any sites that are up that have the ruby ssl bindings.
But I also saw some documentation that they are part of Ruby 1.8. Can
anyone point me in the right direction?

ruby 1.8.4 (2005-12-24) [i486-linux] (the only Ruby installation on the machine(
Xubuntu Edgy

sudo apt-get install libopenssl-ruby1.8

if you have installed ruby via apt (not from source)

Nick Black

Cheers - got it - seems its a debian packaging issue.

Thanks!