    to change the background to a different color to white to try and increase a
    contrast, but he still cant read it. Does anyone know a workaround to
    override this font behaviour when an input is disabled="disabled" ???

    Guest, Jul 2, 2007

    bruce barker Guest

    don't use disabled for a textbox. create your own textbox control, and
    have it render just text when disabled is set.

    -- bruce (sqlwork.com)

    bruce barker, Jul 2, 2007

    Guest Guest

    thanks. i have already thought of ways to 'replace' this functionality, but
    we dont have the time to redevelop the entire system to do different
    behaviour for disabled text boxes. Hence i'm trying for a quick win to
    improve things for this one user. If you can test for the disabled property
    and change the background colour by changing the class using javascript, why
    cant i change the font color aswell?

    Guest, Jul 2, 2007