Passing Data with showModalDialog

Andreas Pfiz

Hello,

I have a problem with passing Data between a "classic ASP-Page (VBScript)"
and a ASP.NET 2.0 Page using showModalDialog / window.returnValue
Here is the Code-Snippet from the "caller" page:

var rValue="oldValue";
rValue = showModalDialog(test.aspx?,'Name','dialogHeight:400px;
dialogWidth:800px;');
alert(rValue);
Here is the Code-Snippet from test.aspx

TxtPLZ.Attributes.Add("onClick","javascript:window.returnValue='1',window.close();");

Clicking on the TxtLabel closes the window, but alert(rValue); shows alway
"undefined"

What am I doing wrong?

cheers, andreas

Andreas Pfiz

Thanks a lot for your answer!

Unfortunately it is the ReturnValue is still "undefined"

Eliyahu Goldin said:
Try

TxtPLZ.Attributes.Add("onclick","window.returnValue='1';window.close();");

--
Eliyahu Goldin,
Software Developer & Consultant

Andreas Pfiz said:
Hello,

I have a problem with passing Data between a "classic ASP-Page
(VBScript)" and a ASP.NET 2.0 Page using showModalDialog /
window.returnValue
Here is the Code-Snippet from the "caller" page:

var rValue="oldValue";
rValue = showModalDialog(test.aspx?,'Name','dialogHeight:400px;
dialogWidth:800px;');
alert(rValue);
Here is the Code-Snippet from test.aspx

TxtPLZ.Attributes.Add("onClick","javascript:window.returnValue='1',window.close();");

Clicking on the TxtLabel closes the window, but alert(rValue); shows
alway "undefined"

What am I doing wrong?

cheers, andreas

Eliyahu Goldin

Try

TxtPLZ.Attributes.Add("onclick","window.returnValue='1';window.close();");

Eliyahu Goldin

What you show here should work. Check other places in the code that can
affect returnValue.
--

Andreas Pfiz said:
Hello,

I have a problem with passing Data between a "classic ASP-Page
(VBScript)" and a ASP.NET 2.0 Page using showModalDialog /
window.returnValue
Here is the Code-Snippet from the "caller" page:

var rValue="oldValue";
rValue = showModalDialog(test.aspx?,'Name','dialogHeight:400px;
dialogWidth:800px;');
alert(rValue);
Here is the Code-Snippet from test.aspx

TxtPLZ.Attributes.Add("onClick","javascript:window.returnValue='1',window.close();");

Clicking on the TxtLabel closes the window, but alert(rValue); shows
alway "undefined"

What am I doing wrong?

cheers, andreas

Andreas Pfiz

actually there is not much more in my test-environment...maybe a bug?