PDF::Writer errors in Rails

Ray

Hi, after failing with a ruby gems install, I've just done a manual
install of PDF::Writer (including the dependancies: Transaction::Simple
1.3.0 color-tools 1.3.0) and created the following in a Rails
controller:

require 'pdf/writer'

def pdf_test
p = PDF::Writer.new
end

and I get the following error: "uninitialized constant PDF"

Anyone know what the problem is?... the installs went fine.

I'm on Mac OS X 10.4.5

Thanks, Ray

Peter Fitzgibbons

------=_Part_13202_5217388.1142833409513

Hi, after failing with a ruby gems install, I've just done a manual
install of PDF::Writer (including the dependancies: Transaction::Simple
1.3.0 color-tools 1.3.0) and created the following in a Rails
controller:

require 'pdf/writer'

def pdf_test
p =3D PDF::Writer.new
end

and I get the following error: "uninitialized constant PDF"

Anyone know what the problem is?... the installs went fine.

I'm on Mac OS X 10.4.5

Thanks, Ray

How do the demos in the PDF::Writer install go? Do they work?
Unit tests?

I'm smelling a path problem on the install. I'm on windows though, so path
issues are differnet, but I also toy with Ubuntu and I've been burned on th=
path issue a few times.

Hope that helps.