Possible memory usage for ASP.NET applications

Wanderer

Hi All,

I'm facing a problem with running a website developed on ASP.NET 1.1
concerning possible memory usage on the hosting webserver. The server has
4GB RAM (dual xeon with IIS 6.0), but the ASP.NET working process gets
maximum 1.4 GB (concerning information from performance counters). I do not
understand from where this magical amount is taken. As result I get
OutOfMemoryExceptions. Increasing possible amount to e.g. 3GB would help me
a lot meanwhile I will prepare the site for the webfarm.

I've modified value in the machine.config to use 80% of the allowed memory,
but it didn't help. (<processModel memoryLimit="80"...>)

Has anybody experience with the problem? Maybe this topic has been already
discussed earlier and somebody can give me a link to a thread? (I couldn't
find one)

thank you very much in advance,

best regards,
Dmitry