postback in ASP.NET

ma

Hello,

I want to create an image map using Zedgraph (www.ZedGraph.org). I can
create an imagemap so that each point in the graph has a link and user can
press that link to do some action. To bring back the user to the same page,
I used the URL of the point to point to the same page. The system is working
well if is it by its own but when there are some other controls on the page,
it fail to work since controls losing their states.

After some research I come to the conclusion that to solve this problem I
need to generate a dummy postback when the user clicked on a point on the
graph and I read about __dopostback().

My questions:

1- Is there any way that I can use a link and the controls don't lose their
states?

2- Is there any way that I can generate a dummy postback using a URL?

3- Any other suggestion?

Regards

Dave Bush

Use an "ImageButton" and detect the x/y location on the server side.
The click event will have the x and y in the ImageClickEventArgs
parameter.

Posted At: Thursday, November 22, 2007 9:59 AM
Posted To: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet
Conversation: postback in ASP.NET
Subject: postback in ASP.NET

[...]

mans

Thanks,
seems a very good way to solve the problem. How should I use ImageButton to
encapsulate a ZedGraph? I know that it generate an image but how can I put
the zedgraph generated image inside a imagebutton?

Regards

Dave Bush

Sorry, I'm not familiar with that product.

Posted At: Thursday, November 22, 2007 10:55 AM
Subject: Re: postback in ASP.NET

Thanks,
seems a very good way to solve the problem. How should I use ImageButton
encapsulate a ZedGraph? I know that it generate an image but how can I
put
the zedgraph generated image inside a imagebutton?

Regards

mans

Thanks you your nice lead. I will try to find how I can do this bymyself.

Regards