Postback sequence of CausesValidation Property

bh

I have 2 validation groups in saparate panels on a web form, each with their
own validation summaries. Both have separate submission buttons, with their
respective validation groups set. The "CausesValidation" option is set to
"True" on each. One of them correctly validates, prior to posting back.
The other, however, posts back first & runs through the events without
validating, unless I specifically validate("group"), after the postback.
Any ideas as to what might cause this? Thanks in advance.

bh

Nathan Sokalski

When using ValidationGroups, only the Validators in the current
ValidationGroup are used, the other Validators are ignored. If you want all
validators to be used, either do not use the ValidationGroup property or set
the ValidationGroup property to the same value for all the validators.