Problem: Attribute "border" exists, but can not be used for this element

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Jeff, Jan 30, 2010.

  1. Jeff

    Jeff Guest

    hi

    asp.net 3.5

    when validating my site I get the error mention in the subject of this post,
    here is the source code generating the problem. I mean thisis the source
    code taken from the browser:
    id="ctl00_Login2_LoginView1_Login1_Submit" src="Images/Go.gif" alt="alt text
    is here" onclick="javascript:WebForm_DoPostBackWithOptions(new
    WebForm_PostBackOptions(&quot;ctl00$Login2$LoginView1$Login1$Submit&quot;,
    &quot;&quot;, true, &quot;Login&quot;, &quot;&quot;, false, false))"
    border="0" /></span>

    The problem is that the border="0" isn't specified anyplace in the source
    code, it's something that the browser generates and when I try to validate
    the page I get this error... I have to add that when I copy the code and
    paste it into the validator then no errors are found and site validates, but
    when I refer with site URL, then it don't validates.. this is a mistery for
    me

    any suggestions?

    Jeff, Jan 30, 2010

  2. Hi Jeff,