problem setting up virtual host on localhost

petermichaux

Hi,

I'm using OS X with Apache and am trying to set up a virtual host to
play with my creatively named /Users/peter/railsapp/ project. I tried
adding the following to httpd.conf but it didn't work. The browser said
it could not find "railsapp.peter-michauxs-computer.local". Any ideas?

I also tried "railsapp.localhost" for my ServerName in httpd.conf

Thanks,
Peter

<VirtualHost *>
ServerName railsapp.peter-michauxs-computer.local
DocumentRoot /Users/peter/railsapp/public/
<Directory /Users/peter/railsapp/public/>
Options ExecCGI FollowSymLinks
AllowOverride all
Allow from all
Order allow,deny