Problem with McMillans Installer

?

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Mikael_Lex=E9n?=

Hi

I have the following code

fileName="test.txt"
inputFile=file(fileName,'r')
b = unicode(inputFile.read(), 'utf-8')
inputFile.close()

outputFile=file(fileName,'w')

print >> outputFile, b.encode('iso-8859-1')

outputFile.close()

This code works ok. Then I use the Installer and made a --onefile
"binary". The building process is also ok but when I try to execute the
program I get the following error

c:\python\siebel>convert "copy of test.txt"
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<string>", line 18, in ?
LookupError: no codec search functions registered: can't find encoding

I change to --onedir build and get the same result. I did some tests
and found that if I put the "encodings" directory (from
".../python22/lib" directory) in the "--onedir" directory everything
works ok . So my question is how can I tell the Installer to get the
"encodings" directory in the build process?

/Mikael

Eric Brunel

Mikael said:
[...]

Expicitely importing the codecs module in the Python program should solve the
problem.

BTW, McMillan Installer has its own mailing list (see
http://trixie.triqs.com/mailman/listinfo/installer). You'll usually get quicker
and/or better answers if you post your questions there rather than on c.l.py.

HTH

?

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Mikael_Lex=E9n?=

Nop I have

import unicodedata,codecs

but it doesn't help. I will try the mailing list. Thanks

/Mikael

?

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Mikael_Lex=E9n?=

As always google is your friend. The answer to the problem is and I quote

"""
Chad, Just change support/useUnicode.py to say:
"import encodings"

(codecs and encodings used to import each other, but not any longer).

-- Gordon
"""

/Mikael