problem with tabing in VC++ OCX

Sujith Manuel

Hello All,

I have an ocx control written in visual c++. When I am using this ocx
control in Internet explorer, the tab key is not working with any of the UI
controls inside the ocx. The dialog inside the ocx has the tab order set
properly also.

Initially when the page is loaded, the focus comes to the first edit box in
ocx. On pressing the TAB key in keyboard, it goes directly to address bar in
IE and will never get the focus back on the ocx.

Anybody know why this behavior?, and any work around for this?.

Thanks in advance,
Sujith Manuel.

Peter Jansson

Sujith Manuel said:
Hello All,

I have an ocx control written in visual c++. When I am using this ocx
control in Internet explorer, the tab key is not working with any of the UI
controls inside the ocx. The dialog inside the ocx has the tab order set
properly also.

Initially when the page is loaded, the focus comes to the first edit box in
ocx. On pressing the TAB key in keyboard, it goes directly to address bar in
IE and will never get the focus back on the ocx.

Anybody know why this behavior?, and any work around for this?.

Thanks in advance,
Sujith Manuel.

Hi, I am sure that asking this question in a newsgroup dedicated to the
subject matter will result in more fruitful answers. Please read the
newsgroup FAQ before contributing to the discussion in *any* group. For this
group, the FAQ may be found at: http://www.parashift.com/c++-faq-lite/

Regards,

Peter Jansson
http://www.p-jansson.com/
http://www.jansson.net/

Ian Collins

Sujith said:
Hello All,

I have an ocx control written in visual c++. When I am using this ocx
control in Internet explorer, the tab key is not working with any of the UI
controls inside the ocx. The dialog inside the ocx has the tab order set
properly also.

Initially when the page is loaded, the focus comes to the first edit box in
ocx. On pressing the TAB key in keyboard, it goes directly to address bar in
IE and will never get the focus back on the ocx.

Anybody know why this behavior?, and any work around for this?.
Probably someone on a windows programming group does, try there.