problem with WebClient

Guest

In an ASP.NET application I have to perform a file downloading task
from a web server not exposed to internet, ie
Internet Client-->MyServer-->SecureServer-->MyServer--> Internet Client

All works fine when I have to download a pdf or an image file but when I try
to access a zip file I obtain a 401 error ( unauthorized access )

The code I use is:

string uri = "http://SecureServer/TestSolution/Test.zip";
string fileName = "C:\\MyServer\\ClientFile.zip";

WebClient wc = new WebClient();
wc.Credentials = CredentialCache.DefaultCredentials;
wc.DownloadFile(weburi, fileName);

Any help would be appreciated,
Thanks in advance

Joerg Jooss

Thus wrote gianniab,
)

The code I use is:

string uri = "http://SecureServer/TestSolution/Test.zip"; string
fileName = "C:\\MyServer\\ClientFile.zip";

WebClient wc = new WebClient();
wc.Credentials = CredentialCache.DefaultCredentials;
wc.DownloadFile(weburi, fileName);

How is that server secured? Is it in your Intranet or on the Internet?

Cheers,

Guest

The secure server is on the intranet, while the web server is exposed to
internet, but i have the same problem also in a simplified development
environment with the zip file in the same directory as the web application

Joerg Jooss

Thus wrote gianniab,
The secure server is on the intranet, while the web server is exposed
to internet, but i have the same problem also in a simplified
development environment with the zip file in the same directory as the
web application

OK. I was wondering whether passing CredentialCache.DefaultCredentials has
any effect here. Are you sure you must authenticate like that? Is there a
web application that controls access to these ZIP files?

If you can download these files with your browser, you might want to use
Fiddler to capture the HTTP traffic and compare your "coded" session with
an interactive session.

Cheers,

Guest

Joerg Jooss said:
OK. I was wondering whether passing CredentialCache.DefaultCredentials has
any effect here. Are you sure you must authenticate like that? Is there a
web application that controls access to these ZIP files?

The point is that i don't have to authenticate at all, using the Credential
is an attempt due to the 401 error for the zip files(all works in the right
way with the same code with gif, jpg, tiff or pdf files ); in production i
have an aspx page with a button that calls an asp page on the secure server
the return the files as a stream...
If you can download these files with your browser, you might want to use
Fiddler to capture the HTTP traffic and compare your "coded" session with
an interactive session.

ok, that's an idea
Thanks
Gianni