problems with generating datasets

astropup

at some point in the last few days I've lost the ability to add new datasets
to my web page in one specific solution/project.

If I start a new solution I can use the server solution explorer to drag a
table from sql-Server onto my web page, then generate the dataset.

When I try this on the project I am working on - the compiler can't find
some dataset reference...

------ Build started: Project: funWithCensus, Configuration: Debug
..NET ------

Preparing resources...
Updating references...
Performing main compilation...
C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\funWithCensus\fwc_spec.aspx.vb(18) : error BC30002: Type
'funWithCensus.DataSet1' is not defined.
C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\funWithCensus\fwc_spec.aspx.vb(135) : error BC30002: Type
'funWithCensus.DataSet1' is not defined.
Building satellite assemblies...

I assume that something is out of whack here (pointer reference?) in the
IDE....does anyone have some advice? I really do not want to start a new
project and move the files into it.....

Thanks.