Problems with scRUBYt

Cs Webgrl

Hi.

I am currently scraping a page with scRUBYt and am not getting the
results as expected.

Instead of the correctly formatted xml document I'm getting the
following.

<record>
<1>book a</1>
<1>book b</1>
<1>book c</1>
<2>chapter aa</2>
<2>chapter bb</2>
<2>chapter cc</2>
<3>verse aaa</3>
<3>verse bbb</3>
<3>verse ccc</3>
</record>

My code looks like this:

listing "//a[@id*='volume'>" do
book "//a[@class='1']"
chapter "//span[@class='2']"
verse "//a[@id*='3']"
end

Any ideas?

Sorry for the sample data, but hopefully someone has seen this before
and can help.

Aaron Patterson

Hi.

I am currently scraping a page with scRUBYt and am not getting the
results as expected.

Instead of the correctly formatted xml document I'm getting the
following.

<record>
<1>book a</1>
<1>book b</1>
<1>book c</1>
<2>chapter aa</2>
<2>chapter bb</2>
<2>chapter cc</2>
<3>verse aaa</3>
<3>verse bbb</3>
<3>verse ccc</3>
</record>

This is a correctly formatted XML document. You just have numbers for
tag names.
My code looks like this:

listing "//a[@id*='volume'>" do
book "//a[@class='1']"
chapter "//span[@class='2']"
verse "//a[@id*='3']"
end

Any ideas?

Have you tried something like this:

book "//2[@id='whatevs']"

That should get you access to the tags.

Hope that helps!

Cs Webgrl

Aaron said:
Have you tried something like this:

book "//2[@id='whatevs']"

That should get you access to the tags.

This gives me a ton of data, but now I have lost the specific pieces of
information that I'm looking for. Instead it looks like the output of
all of the sourced code on that page. Was I to change something else in
the code to get the specific piece of data that I need?