py2exe LoadLibrary question

gordon.chapman

Yep, it's the old LoadLibrary failed problem.

I understand that python24.dll is required for the executable to run,
but I'm going to be building a few of these executables and I don't
want to have to bundle python24 along with each one.

We have python24.dll installed in c:/windows/system32, why is
loadlibrary not finding it?

Is there an option I can specify to add c:/windows/system32 to the
loadlibrary search path?

Thanks.

Gabriel Genellina

Yep, it's the old LoadLibrary failed problem.

I understand that python24.dll is required for the executable to run,
but I'm going to be building a few of these executables and I don't
want to have to bundle python24 along with each one.
We have python24.dll installed in c:/windows/system32, why is
loadlibrary not finding it?

py2exe emulates LoadLibrary, does not use the Windows API function
directly. In principle it might be possible to find python24.dll on the
standard PATH, but it does not (currently).
The dll is not so big, you could put it alongside your executable (as
py2exe expects it to be). I used to install several small applications in
a single directory, sharing the required dlls.
Or switch to another tool like pyInstaller
http://pyinstaller.python-hosting.com/wiki that apparently does not have
this problem.