Pydev Console use vs. stdout/stderr

RossGK

Just getting used to the PyDev environment in eclipse by playing with
a few simple programs. I'm also using wxPython GUI stuff.

I've noticed though that simple print commands in my code cause a
"wxPython:stdout/stderr" popup window to display any print's I might
be dumping out, rather than going to the console in Eclipse.

Any suggestions of why this is? Another code example I was looking
at (which does not include any wx GUI stuff) has print commands whose
result ends up in the Eclipse console, just to further confuse me.

Is this something that wxPython is imposing on the environment?

Thx.
Ross.

s0suk3

Just getting used to the PyDev environment in eclipse by playing with
a few simple programs. I'm also using wxPython GUI stuff.

I've noticed though that simple print commands in my code cause a
"wxPython:stdout/stderr" popup window to display any print's I might
be dumping out, rather than going to the console in Eclipse.

Any suggestions of why this is? Another code example I was looking
at (which does not include any wx GUI stuff) has print commands whose
result ends up in the Eclipse console, just to further confuse me.

Is this something that wxPython is imposing on the environment?

Yes, it's wxPython, it does that by default. Pass the keyword argument
"redirect" set to False to your wx.App object constructor:

app = wx.App(redirect=False)

Or to whatever class you derived from wx.App:

app = ClassDerivingFromWxApp(redirect=False)

RossGK

Yes, it's wxPython, it does that by default. Pass the keyword argument
"redirect" set to False to your wx.App object constructor:

app = wx.App(redirect=False)

Or to whatever class you derived from wx.App:

app = ClassDerivingFromWxApp(redirect=False)

Thank you! That was very helpful, and works fine.

-Ross.