Python and 3d

Ryniek90

http://www.vrplumber.com/py3d.py

There's a few older projects to load 3DS files, but I don't think any of
them is currently PyOpenGL 3.x compatible. OpenGLContext loads VRML97
files (with SimpleParse installed). Pyglet, OpenGLContext and Ian
Mallet's game engine all load .obj models (I believe Ian's engine is the
most advanced there). Pivy should load VRML files as well, and has a
very powerful engine (COIN) under the covers (OpenGLContext is more of a
demo/testing system). The big engines (Ogre, Soya, OpenSceneGraph,
Crystal Space, etc) should all have content loaders, though I haven't
played with them enough to be able to say what formats they support.

HTH,
Mike

Maybe check out:

- Panda3D ( http://www.panda3d.org/ ),