Python syntax question

Daniel

I hope this question is OK for this list. I've downloaded Rpyc and
placed it in my site packages dir. On some machines it works fine, on
others not so much.

Here is one error I get when I try to import it:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
File "C:\Python25\lib\site-packages\Rpyc\__init__.py", line 7, in
<module>
from Rpyc.Lib import rpyc_excepthook
File "C:\Python25\lib\site-packages\Rpyc\Lib.py", line 65
print("======= Remote traceback =======", file=stderr)
^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax

The little carrot points to the equal sign ('=') in 'file=stderr'

What's the syntax problem?

Thanks

Marc 'BlackJack' Rintsch

Here is one error I get when I try to import it:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
File "C:\Python25\lib\site-packages\Rpyc\__init__.py", line 7, in
<module>
from Rpyc.Lib import rpyc_excepthook
File "C:\Python25\lib\site-packages\Rpyc\Lib.py", line 65
print("======= Remote traceback =======", file=stderr)
^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax

The little carrot points to the equal sign ('=') in 'file=stderr'

What's the syntax problem?

That's Python 3.0 syntax where ``print`` is not a keyword anymore but a
function. Won't work with Python 2.5.

Ciao,
Marc 'BlackJack' Rintsch

Daniel

That's Python 3.0 syntax where ``print`` is not a keyword anymore but a
function.  Won't work with Python 2.5.

Ciao,
        Marc 'BlackJack' Rintsch

Thanks! With that I was able to find a solution.

Blubaugh, David A.

Sir,

I was just wondering that the module that you are utilizing (Rpyc) is a remote process call module for python? Is this what you are developing with at this time?

Thanks,

David Blubaugh