pythonwin closes unexpectedlyI

leegold

Hi,

I run a script in PythonWin and obviously some sort of an error occurs
in the script and PythonWin closes. No warning, no error message just
closes. I definitely know the line of code that causes the problem and
will cite the code below.

Note: I'm using ArcGIS 9.1 (Python 2.1 is bundled with it) and
trying:p to write a script. I know this works OK at work but on my
home system the problem occurs. I'm suspicious that maybe file sharing
permission problems are the cause. But I can't get any error messages
to even start figuring it out. Using WinXP.

When the 2nd raw_input box opens ( GP.workspace = raw_input('workspace
path: ') and I enter the path and click Ok that's when PythonWin
closes. Here's code:

import win32com.client, sys, os

GP = win32com.client.Dispatch("esriGeoprocessing.GpDispatch.1")

print 'I am in the program' # this works OK

test001 = raw_input('workspace path: ')

print test001 # this works OK

try:

GP.workspace = raw_input('workspace path: ')

except:

GP.AddMessage(GP.GetMessages(2))

print GP.GetMessages(2)

John Machin

[...]

Steps to try:

1. Add
raise
after the print statement.
2. Get pythonwin out of the equation; run your script from the command
line.
3. If that doesn't give you a clue what the error is, remove the try/
accept/GP.AddMessage.../print lines and run it again from the command
line.

HTH,
John