PyXMPP on Windows XP.

John Taylor

Greetings,

I am having a really hard time installing PyXMPP 0.5 on windows xp and
Python 2.3 . I have the VS-6 compiler, installed header files for
iconv and libxml2, and have installed
libxml2-python-2.6.14.win32-py2.3.exe.

When I run python setup.py install (or build), this is what I get:

running install
running build
running build_py
running build_ext
building 'pyxmpp._xmlextra' extension
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\BIN\link.exe /DLL
/nologo /INCREMENTAL:NO /LIBPATH:c:\Python23\libs
/LIBPATH:c:\Python23\PCBuild xml2.lib /EXPORT:init_xmlextra
build\temp.win32-2.3\Release\ext/xmlextra.obj /OUT:build\lib.win32
-2.3\pyxmpp\_xmlextra.pyd
/IMPLIB:build\temp.win32-2.3\Release\ext\_xmlextra.lib

LINK : fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file "xml2.lib"
error: command '"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual
Studio\VC98\BIN\link.exe"' failed with exit status 1181

Any ideas on how to fix this, or know where I can get a windows binary
package? Google was of no help.

Thanks!
-John