Queries on Client Certificates - any taker?

Guest

I would appreciate if some one answers these queries.
Thanks in advance.

If My web server is SSL enabled, then why should I havea client certificate authentication? what extra security it provides? Can I use client certificate without having SSL connection?

How do I get the Client Certificate? Is it necessary to be issued from the same webservice server i want to use? Or I can get it from any CA e.g verisign?
Is it possible to get free client certificate (not from Microsoft Certificate services)?

Thanks

dinoo

Paul Glavich [MVP - ASP.NET]

I replied to your previous msg to this group. See that thread.

--
- Paul Glavich
Microsoft MVP - ASP.NET