Question about invoking over SSL

drabina

Hi,

I have a simple question. Login page of my click-once application
invokes a method (validateLogin) on a web server. The web service
address is configured over https. My question is, does the invoke
command is secured?

public myLogin validateLogin(string userid, string password) {
object[] results = this.Invoke("validateLogin", new object[]
{userid,password});
return (myLogin);
}

Basically I need to know if the userid and password gets send
encrypted.

Thanks.

Tiago Halm

If the web service is exposed within SSL, then yes, because SSL encrypts the
whole HTTP conversation, and SOAP is the HTTP payload.

Tiago Halm