Question about Munged URL and bookmark / favourite

Dominic

Hi there,

My understanding is that I should set cookieless in web.config to
false because many mobile devices do not support cookies. In this way,
ASP.NET will use munged URL for passing session ID. Is that right?

If this is the case, my question is how I can properly bookmark a page
when its URLs contains the session ID? For example, in a certain
session, I enter URL as http://xyz.com/index.aspx. When the page is
loaded, the URL becomes http://xyz.com/(dcdasdf23984)/index.aspx. I
then bookmark this URL. Later, I open a browser and attempt to start a
new session. If I go to this bookmarked URL, it will attempt to go my
previous session because the URL contains the session id of the
previous session. This is, of course, not my intention.

How can I resolve this problem?

For instance, I use Pocket PC emulator. It seems like it can only
allow you to put the current URL to the favorite list. You can't
modify the URL to something like http://xyz.com/index.aspx. It seems
like Openwave browser simulator 6.2.2 behaves similary.

Any idea?

Thanks
Dom

JuanDG

Well I have never tried that on an emulator, but in my actual phone (Siemens
MC60) which in fact has a Openwave Browser built in, when I want to bookmark
ASP.NET pages I do it the normal way, but then I go to the Browsers Menu and
edit the URL to remove the session information and leave the real URL (which
is pretty easy to spot because the session is always enclosed by
parenthesis)

As far as I know it work in most phones (I've done the same thing with my
old phone (Nokia 3510i) and some SonyEricsson Phones T610 and T226) and I
just checked in my Openwave emulator and its far more complex that in the
actual phone, but you can do it too and in Pocket PC 2002 it even let you
modify it before you save it.

--

Juan David Gomez A.
Microsoft Certified Professional

Gunnar Peipman

Some devices support bookmark downloading. For these devices you can
easily create a link to download a bookmark. Just check device WML
browser Accept header if it supports bookmarks download.

With best regards,
Gunnar Peipman