Question on compilation order

michdoh

Hi All

Hoping someone can give me some advice on the following.

We have the following scenario:
User have to go to an external site to logon to our system, once
authenticated they are redirected to our site with an authentication
token that we validate using a web service. OK

We are running VB.net on framework 1.1 sp1.

What I am hoping to do is to add code to add code to the header control
(ASCX component) to pick up this token and create a session object to
hold the users information and login status etc. Once this object has
been created the aspx page will pre-populate the page with the users
information.

I have a couple of concerns:
1: I want to use the ascx pre-render mode to create the session
object and the aspx pre-render mode to populate the form. As these are
both part of the same web page is there any way to ensure that the ascx
pre-render executes before the aspx pre-render?

2: I know that in Java a while statement is safer that an If
statement. I.E if a multithreaded application is swapped out as a
result of exceeding a time slice, once swapped back in it will (in the
case of a while statement) check that the condition is still valid,
whereas if an 'If' statement is used it won't. Is this the case with
dot.net code?

Any thoughts are greatly appreciated

Mikey