[QUIZ] Obfuscated Email

Matthew Moss

I want you guys to know that I have read all fifteen entries... Some
of the code had me confused at times, but with persistence, I managed
to figure out everything that was presented.

And, of course, you now see that my brain hurts from reading Mikael's
stuff, I didn't realize I had reviewed _eighteen_ entries, not
fifteen. I must be blocking out Mikael's three entries.

Seriously... It's Mikael's stuff that now makes me realize I could
confused the heck out of people by writing:

%%\%c%%%%\%%

when I mean:

"%"

Ouch.

Matthew Moss

Seriously... It's Mikael's stuff that now makes me realize I could
confused the heck out of people by writing:

%%\%c%%%%\%%

when I mean:

"%"

Arg... I meant %%\%c%%%%\%%[0] or even %%\%c%%?%

Phillip Gawlowski

Mikael Høilund

After reading the summary, I realize I might have gone a bit over-=20
board on the obfuscation, and must offer my deepest apologies.

As such, I would like to display my utmost disregard for the mentioned =20=

medical consequences, and quickly decompose a short snippet of code =20
Matthew mentioned:

*a=3De=3D?=3D,!????,:??,?,,Email

Allow me to add some explanatory whitespace and bracing:

*a =3D (e =3D ?=3D), (!?? ? ?, : ??), (?,), Email

Almost all of the question marks are character literals literals; I =20
resolve:

*a =3D (e =3D 61), (!63 ? 44 : 63), (44), Email

The tertiary conditional is, of course, completely unnecessary, but it =20=

gave me the possibility of writing !???...:..., so I think it's =20
justifiable.

e is assigned ?=3D simply because it made it harder to decipher.

The content of a is, in the end, [61, 63, 44, Email] (actually, Email =20=

is .downcase!'d, but that's irrelevant). The first three elements in =20
the array is all that's used, I could just as easily have made the =20
last comma a semi-colon, but I don't like them.

Hope that shed some light on the matter.

--=20
Mikael H=F8ilund=