Remote Command a Python Script

Ulysse

Hello,

I've installed Python 2.5 on my WRT54G Linksys Router. On this router
a script is executed. This script write a little Pickle database in
the router memory.

I would like to write another Python script which will be able to :

1. Stop and start the remote script from my Windows Computer. At
present I use Putty to connect to the router by the SSL, then I
manually kill the python process.

2. Retrieve the little database located in router memory and backup it
on my Window PC. At present I use WinSCP (like FTP) to get the pickle
file.

Can you help me with that (modules to use, useful code snippets)

Thank a lot,

Maxime

Diez B. Roggisch

Ulysse said:
Hello,

I've installed Python 2.5 on my WRT54G Linksys Router. On this router
a script is executed. This script write a little Pickle database in
the router memory.

I would like to write another Python script which will be able to :

1. Stop and start the remote script from my Windows Computer. At
present I use Putty to connect to the router by the SSL, then I
manually kill the python process.

2. Retrieve the little database located in router memory and backup it
on my Window PC. At present I use WinSCP (like FTP) to get the pickle
file.

Can you help me with that (modules to use, useful code snippets)

Check out pyro.

Diez

Ivo

Ulysse said:
Hello,

I've installed Python 2.5 on my WRT54G Linksys Router. On this router
a script is executed. This script write a little Pickle database in
the router memory.

I would like to write another Python script which will be able to :

1. Stop and start the remote script from my Windows Computer. At
present I use Putty to connect to the router by the SSL, then I
manually kill the python process.

2. Retrieve the little database located in router memory and backup it
on my Window PC. At present I use WinSCP (like FTP) to get the pickle
file.

Can you help me with that (modules to use, useful code snippets)

Thank a lot,

Maxime
or SPyRO