Render UserControl in Class wihtout access to webform?

Guest

I need to render a user control as a HTML string. I do not want the control
to appear on the page, however. Here is what I am doing…
I have an HTML template that will ultimately be sent via e-mail. Inside the
template I have IDs setup for each section that will be replaced with dynamic
data. In one section I need to display a specific kind of data. I already
have a user control that generates what I need. I need to get that control to
fire and then get rendered as HTML to be placed in the appropriate section of
the fore mentioned HTML template. This is the code I have so far:

Private Function BuildPropertyDetialsInfo() As String
Dim propertyInfoControl As New StringBuilder
Dim propertyInfoUserControl As New UserControl
Dim propertyInfoStringWriter As New StringWriter(propertyInfoControl)
Dim propertyInfoHTMLWriter As New
HtmlTextWriter(propertyInfoStringWriter)

Try
propertyInfoUserControl.LoadControl(propertyDetialsInfoPath)

propertyInfoUserControl.RenderControl(propertyInfoHTMLWriter)
Catch ex As Exception
End Try
Return propertyInfoControl.ToString
End Function
I donl’t get anything back. I am assuming that I need to add the control to
the collection, but I don’t know how I would do this since I am not working
on a web form. I am inside a class that doens’t have access to a form page.
Any thoughts?

Daniel