Request obj returnin http always even in when the browser url is h

Suba

Hi

I having a similar issue.

my website url has https://blahblahblah but when i do
Response.Write(Request.Url); it writes the url with http..........its really
strange........i dont have a clue why the url in my browser has https and
request.url has http...........

using the request object i am not able to get the scheme whether its http or
https............its always returning http whether or not the request is
secure........

Request.Issecureconnection is also always returning false.....................

I need the http scheme for consturcting an url which inturn has to go to a
pdf file which we post to many customers....................Any idea how to
get the http scheme

Thanks
Suba

Misbah Arefin

how is SSL configured for your site? is it configured in IIS or via some load
balancer or web accelerator?
if its configured on your load balancer / web acceslerator then all requests
to your webserver will be http even if the user request was https. the load
balancer / accelerator offloads the ssl/https operations from your web server

Suba

Yeah we have a load balancer.....i think as u said the request between the
load balancer and the web server is not a secure request.........only the
request object sent between the client and load balancer is https
request........

But is there anyway to find out the scheme of the request between the client
and load balancer............is that data persisted anywhere in the request
between the load balancer and the web server...............

Misbah Arefin

Yeah we have a load balancer.....i think as u said the request between the
load balancer and the web server is not a secure request.........only the
request object sent between the client and load balancer is https
request........

But is there anyway to find out the scheme of the request between the client
and load balancer............is that data persisted anywhere in the request
between the load balancer and the web server...............

most load balancer / web accelerators allow for creating custom server
variables... you can create a server variable and set its value if the
request from client to load balancer is https... you can get this value in
your web app via the Request.ServerVariables collection