Retaining selection on scrolling gridview

Joined
Nov 7, 2008
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Hi I have a gridview which includes a hidden ID field, a customer name field, and some other basic customer-related stuff, with finally a Select button. This gridview is displayed in a panel with vertical scrollbars at the top of the page, and the displayed columns are all sortable. The panel is 5 lines deep and so can display only a fraction of the full customer list at once.

On Select, the page reloads and displays fuller customer details in a lower panel. However, the upper panel with the scrollable list should remain available for any further selection.

The problem is that I'd like the row with the chosen customer to always remain visible in the upper panel, irrespective of how far down the user had scrolled (if and until the user decides to search again). Rumour has it that this is handled through javascript but I've yet to find an example. Can anyone help please? Just to be clear, highlighting the selected record isn't the issue - it's keeping it visible on reload. Many thanks.