retrieving ATOM/FSS feeds

_spitFIRE

Lawrence Oluyede

_spitFIRE said:
I'm using feedparser library to parser ATOM/RSS feeds. However, I don't
get the entire post! but only summaries! How do I retrieve the entire feed?
I believe that the parser library should have support for doing that or the
specification should detail how it can be done? Or should I simply get the
feed link and do HTML scraping?

If the content producer doesn't provide the full article via RSS/ATOM
there's no way you can get it from there. Search for full content feeds
if any, otherwise get the article URL and feed it to BeautifulSoup to
scrape the content.

_spitFIRE

Lawrence Oluyede

_spitFIRE said:
For the same feed (where the content producer doesn't provide the full
article!) I was able to see the complete post in other RSS aggregators (like
Blam). I wanted to know how they were able to collect the feed!

Perhaps in the feed itself there's the link for the full content feed.

Diez B. Roggisch

_spitFIRE said:

For the same feed (where the content producer doesn't provide the full
article!) I was able to see the complete post in other RSS aggregators
(like Blam). I wanted to know how they were able to collect the feed!

Either it is referred to in the data - or it might be that they do have
affiliate-deals with certain partners.

Diez