ruby-dev summary 21608-21636

Masayoshi Takahashi

Hello all,

This is a summary of ruby-dev mailing list last week.

[ruby-dev:21614] builtin mutex and once eval

Nobu Nakada posted a patch to make Thread::Mutex class
builtin, because o option in Regexp and sleeps in require
caused busy loop in multi threads.
He also added a syntax for NODE_ONCE node.

[ruby-dev:21616] access ENV on $SAFE==4

Hidetoshi NAGAI found that Safe interpreter of Tcl/Tk
didn't allow to refer some informations of environments,
such as env, OS, library and so on. And he suggested
the use of ENV, RUBY_PLATFORM or $LOAD_PATH is not
allowed when $SAFE=4. But this change may break some
applications. We have not reached conclusions yet.

Regards,

TAKAHASHI 'Maki' Masayoshi E-mail: (e-mail address removed)