Ruby + FastCGI + Apache2 + Debian Sarge

J. D.

Hi,

Is anyone out there successfully using this setup by using
source-compiled mod_fastcgi on Apache2 with Ruby?

I'm trying to setup fastcgi with:

Debian Sarge
Ruby 1.8.2 (recent stable snapshot)
Apache2
FastCGI

It turns out that there is no libapache2-mod-fcgi package in Debian
(woody, sarge, sid, experimental).

Jan Krueger

J. D. said:
It turns out that there is no libapache2-mod-fcgi package in Debian
(woody, sarge, sid, experimental).

This seems to be because of the following phrase in the LICENSE.TERMS of
mod_fastcgi which is in conflict with the Debian Free Software
Guidelines http://www.debian.org/social_contract#guidelines Paragraph 3
and 6:

Open Market permits you to use, copy, modify, distribute, and license
this Software and the Documentation

-> solely for the purpose of implementing the FastCGI specification <-

Gruß
Jan

Stefan Schmiedl

It turns out that there is no libapache2-mod-fcgi package in Debian
(woody, sarge, sid, experimental).

As always I'm not sure about the name, but I see
libapache2-mod-fastcgi (not fcgi) in debian unstable

s.

J. D.

Stefan said:
As always I'm not sure about the name, but I see
libapache2-mod-fastcgi (not fcgi) in debian unstable

s.

Thanks! I have no idea why I didn't spot that in sid when I took a look.

Much appreciated.