Server error in aspx page.

Daniel Rimmelzwaan

I receive the error below when I try to access my aspx page in a browser. I
created the aspx page on my laptop (but the solution resides on a server)
with VS.NET and it builds correctly on the server, no compile errors. I
thought that Visual Studio takes care of all assembly information and things
like that. Do I need to load or register something before I can use this
page?

Any help would be wonderful.
Daniel.
Server Error in '/MyTest' Application.
----

Parser Error

Parser Error Message: Could not load type 'MyTest.Global'.

Source Error:

Line 1: <%@ Application Codebehind="Global.asax.vb"
Inherits="MyTest.Global" %>

Source File: c:\inetpub\wwwroot\MyTest\global.asax Line: 1

Oliver

Is there a DLL in the /bin directory that you forgot to upload to the
server? Or a missing global.asax file in the root of MyTest?

Daniel Rimmelzwaan

Nope, the DLL's are all there, as well as the global.asax file. I tried to
delete these and rebuild the solution, but that did not work either. The
only thing that seems to work right now is edit the files in notepad and
removing the inherits statements, but that doesn't feel right to me.

I renamed the webform of the aspx page in the solution explorer like a good
little programmer, as instructed by the books, but for some reason I still
find references to webform1 after saving and compiling.

I found an article on MSDN online and it says that this was 'by design'. How
can we work with a development environment that does not compile correctly?
I'm trying to handle an XML document in my code, and getting nowhere, when
the actual error might not even be my code but the .NET compiler....