Server Error in '/WebService' Application.

Martinh

Hi I keep getting this error...

Access to the path
"C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\Temporary
ASP.NETFiles\webservice_isds\f12c6a5a\5975001" is denied.

Stack Trace:

[UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path
"C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\Temporary ASP.NET
Files\webservice\f12c6a5a\5975001" is denied.]
System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String str) +393
System.IO.Directory.InternalCreateDirectory(String fullPath, String
path) +632
System.IO.Directory.CreateDirectory(String path) +195

System.Web.Compilation.PreservedAssemblyEntry.DoFirstTimeInit(HttpContext
context) +85

System.Web.Compilation.PreservedAssemblyEntry.EnsureFirstTimeInit(HttpContext
context) +98
System.Web.HttpRuntime.PreloadAssembliesFromBin(HttpContext
context) +176
System.Web.HttpRuntime.FirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) +445

[HttpException (0x80004005): ASP.NET Initialization Error]
System.Web.HttpRuntime.FirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) +927
System.Web.HttpRuntime.ProcessRequestInternal(HttpWorkerRequest wr)
+128

It looks like i dont have access to the
"C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\Temporary ASP.NETFiles
folder.

I am running Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework
Version:1.1.4322.573; ASP.NET Version:1.1.4322.573 on IIS6 on Server
2003 Enterprise.

Anyone has a solution yto solve my problem? Help is very much
appreciated.

Regards, Martin

Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP]

I've seen that error when someone hits the site at the same time as I'm
copying in new files.

The fix for me was to stop IIS with:

net stop iisadmin /y

Delete the contents of the Temporary ASP.NET Files folder where you are
having a problem

Copy in a new build to your Web

Restart the IIS service with:

iisreset

In severe cases, you may need to reboot the server. Ouch.

Ken

Martinh

Hi Scott,

I cannor access the Project, Web Project, Web permissions in VS.NET.
It is greyed out.

In VS.NET Project Menu, check permissions to web and try synchronizing
files.

Martinh said:
[...]

Alvin Bruney [MVP]

isn't this the indexing service bug? check and turn off your indexing
service if it is running.

Martinh

Hi Ken,

There is nothing to delete in de "Temporary ASP.NET Files" folder
because the folder is empty except for the presence of an "Bind Logs"
folder and that one is empty too.

It looks like acces is completely denied to the temp ASP.NET folder. I
placed "<identity impersonate="true" />" in webconfig.

I did what you suggested annyway. The net stop iisadmin /y then
rebuild my VS.NET app and then i iisreset my IIS6 server.

Strange is that i seem to miss a couple of options in the VS.NEt
Project, Web Project menu. Web Permissions is opted out and some other
options seems to be missing. I checked with anothet VS.NEt install on
a friends system. He doesnt have my problem. We also checked zillions
of settings and they all look the same.

Martin

Martinh said:
[...]

The Indexing Service on my webserver is disabled in Computer
Management, Services. In Services and Applications it is in the
stopped state.

I tried turning it on and then it started indexing and after that I
still get the "Access to the path
"C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\Temporary ASP.NET
Files\webservice\f12c6a5a\5975001" is denied" error message. So I
turned it off again.

Martin

Steve Willcock

I've had this error a few times when using asp.net for the first time on a
new machine - the way I solved it in the development environment was to
grant full NTFS access to the
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\Temporary ASP.NET
Files\ directory to the ASPNET account, the IUSR_MachineName account and the
IWAM_MachineName account. Also when my web application has needed to run in
a domain account context I've given access to the domain account too.

Martinh

Thanks Steve! This did the trick. It's working now.

Everybode who participated in solving my problem, thank you very much!

Martin