server.transfer

Amit Bansal \(MCT, MCSD.NET\)

if we want to access the vaules of one page into another, following are the
3 options
1. query strings
2. session objects
3. server.transfer (this done using properties (if i am not wrong))

is there any other mechanism?

Erik Funkenbusch

if we want to access the vaules of one page into another, following are the
3 options
1. query strings
2. session objects
3. server.transfer (this done using properties (if i am not wrong))

is there any other mechanism?

Depends on which version you're using. In 2.0, you can now post to another
page as well.

John Timney \(MVP\)

In asp.net 2.0 you can now set also your postback target to be a cross page
postback and use FindControl to reference the initiating pages properties.

Regards

John Timney (MVP)

Guest

4. Hidden Form Fields
5. The HttpContext.Current.Items collection
6. Cache
7. Application State
8. Static fields

Peter

Ethan V

You are a Microsoft Certified Trainer, and a MCSD .NET, aren't you? Hence
shouldn't you know this stuff?