session authentication for users

TG

Hi,

I need to know the best way to program a login page that will only
authenticate users when they click the login button at the top of our
page. Once they are authenticated they will be able to go through the
process of ordering, etc. I am not very well versed at ASP.NET but I
don't think I want to use Forms Authentication for this. Is there a
simpler way to authenticate users? Could someone please help me with
this code in ASP.NET/VB.NET?
Thank you.

TG