session timeout problem

Reaction score
Hi,

i have a web application whereby the first page will be the registration details then it will redirect the user to a third party payment gateway, located in a different server, the response time back to my response page is less than 1 minute, and i have set the timeout in my server to 20 minutes, but still it will be timeout when return to my response page.
When i return to the first page again and repeat the process, the timeout problem disappear. I've tried this several time and found out that it will happen for the first time in a browser session, and the second try within the same session will not hav this problem.
I've also try to count down the timeout for other process within my own application (excluding redirect to 3rd party) it seems to work fine.

I really have no idea what is the cause of this problem, please help......

thanks in advance!

Reaction score
Hi,

I have found out the cause; my application is located at the server, when i run it using the private IP within my network it will gives me the timeout error, when i try running with the public IP, it's working fine :grin:

Ask a Question